Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Money and emotions are inextricably linked. At Xinja, you’ll have the opportunity to have a large impact on the well-being of hundreds of thousands of people by inventing new ways of banking digitally that increase people’s mastery of their money.
Now…. let’s talk about you:
You’ll bring design thinking, lean UX and human-centred design to solving complex, real-world problems through intentional, human user experiences. You will be reporting into the UX Lead.
You have experience leading a UX project from research through to ideation, prototyping and testing. You are able to effectively analyse a UX project, identify where it is currently situated in the design lifecycle and select the right set of design tools and methodologies to take the project to its desired outcome.
You are interested in contributing to the design strategy of the project, and crafting a plan for its execution. At the same time, you are not afraid to get your hands dirty and get into the details of creating prototypes, conducting user testing and analysing user research results.
You are interested in contributing to product strategy by bringing the voice of the customer into conversations with product owners, software engineers, project managers, business analysts, and executives. Your insights are backed by user research and you are able to effectively communicate with stakeholders to explain the rationale behind your design decisions and processes.
You take ownership of your design projects and take great pride in your work. You are always looking for opportunities to do things better and are interested in exploring new design methodologies and tools to increase your own and the organisation’s capabilities.
You’ve got a go-to digital toolset, and you use it to create wireframes, mockups, information architecture, and interaction design strategy. You’re consistently seeking feedback on your design work from your colleagues and teammates, leveraging each other’s skill sets because you know the sum of your expertise is greater than that of just your own.
You’re skilled in uncovering the what and why behind design problems through conducting user testing and research. You love to observe and learn how people engage with software in various contexts, you enjoy talking to users and discovering their frustrations and desires and you have the skills to translate your findings into actionable design recommendations.
You care about the impact across Xinja. Your input in creating delightful, usable, and meaningful experiences can have a significant effect on people’s lives and their use of technology. Not only is your brain in the work you do, your heart is as well.
You have an appetite to expand your skills into psychology and behavioural design – you might even have experience in this space already.
Finally, you see every interaction you have across Xinja as an experience in and of itself, and are a shining example being human-centred in everything we do.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rule
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Work with the Head of CX, UX Design Director, UX Lead, product, marketing, the Xinjarati and other stakeholders to identify and carry out effective research and design.
- Execute design projects that span the entire product development lifecycle, varying in approach, scale, scope, timeframe, and methodology to validate customer needs, desires, values and develop concepts and solutions to solve them.
- Create wireframes, information architectures, prototypes, and interaction design strategy that solves problems and captures opportunities on a wide variety of initiatives.
- Prioritise a list of actionable outcomes and follow through on user research insights, ensuring they result in differentiated customer solutions, product design improvements, clear product priorities, and/or roadmap enhancements.
- Be a part of expert design and development teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Join a group of highly motivated people that take teamwork, collective intelligence, and collaboration seriously every day.
You should apply if:
- You’re excited by the prospect of building a new bank
- You care about people and want to make sure that customers get the best experience possible
- You have experience leading a UX project end-to-end from research through to delivery
- You have 5+ years of experience in UX design with an emphasis on software and digital experiences
- You have experience planning and conducting user research and testing, and translating user insights into artefacts that can be used to inform product decisions and product strategy.
- You can use Sketch, Adobe CC, Balsamiq, Marvel or similar technologies to create low and medium fidelity designs
- You work well with cross-functional teams, including project managers, developers, designers, and business stakeholders.
- You have experience in behavioural design
- You have the ability to think strategically and develop novel approaches to research and design challenges
- Preferably, you have a degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering, Service Design or similar
- You’ve got experience in financial services, although this is not essential
A new frontier:
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff, trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here