Xinja is building an Australian 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a bank with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Developing one of the first neobanks in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules.
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Now… let’s talk about you
You’ll bring design thinking, lean UX and human centred design to solving complex, real-world problems through intentional, human user experiences.
You take pride in your designs and are skilled in creating beautiful and highly polished user interfaces. You take joy in the creative process and are not afraid to be bold. You enjoy ideation and experimenting with new and novel interaction design patterns to create unique and fun user experiences.
You have experience creating delightful illustrations and animations to elevate and brighten user interfaces. At the same time, you are also highly conscious of usability principles and keep ease and simplicity of use front of mind.
You have experience working with and creating design systems. You are able to design to, and build on an existing visual style, and mentor other designers to ensure consistency and quality of UI design.
You are knowledgeable and trained in the human centered design process, and have a deep appreciation of user needs. You recognise the importance of user research and testing, and are interested in getting involved and developing a deep sense of empathy and understanding of users.
You’re able to think on your feet to revise your design plans to continually add the most value for the users and the business. You’re ready to lead discovery and ideation sessions to understand how business goals align with user goals, and how they might impact the design of the software.
Once you’ve gained an understanding of your audience and the organization’s goals, you are able to lay the groundwork for the design of an app.
You’re consistently seeking feedback on your design work from your colleagues and teammates, leveraging each other’s skill sets because you know the sum of your expertise is greater than that of just your own.
You’re at home liaising with other designers, programmers, project managers, business analysts, and executives and engaging them in the design process.
You have experience documenting and preparing design assets for development and are ready to work with developers who can bring your ideas to life.
You care about the impact across Xinja. Your input in creating delightful, usable, and meaningful experiences can have a significant effect on people’s lives and their use of technology.
You have an appetite to expand your skills into behavioural design, and have experience in this space.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Work with developers, product, marketing, the Xinjarati, business stakeholders and other designers to create beautiful designs that creatively respond to user and business needs.
- Create high fidelity, development-ready UI designs that reflect the Xinja brand and our ethos of making banking easy and fun.
- Create beautiful animations and visual designs and experiment with novel interaction design patterns to delight users in new and unexpected ways
- Contribute to and grow the Xinja design system
- Participate in user research and testing to develop a deep sense of empathy with users, which can then be translated into your designs.
- Be a part of expert design and development teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Join a group of highly motivated people that take teamwork, collective intelligence and collaboration seriously every day.
You should apply if:
- You’re excited by the prospect of building a new bank
- Love to be creative, and are not afraid of experimenting with new and novel interaction design patterns to create unique experiences for users
- Are able to create highly polished, pixel perfect UI designs
- You have strong visual design skills
- Experience or interest in motion design
- You have experience creating and/or working with design systems
- You are user-centered and can generate design concepts that respond to user insights uncovered during research.
- You have 5+ combined years of experience in UI/Visual design with at least 3 years spent designing mobile experiences.
- You work well with cross-functional teams, including business analysts, project managers, developers, designers and stakeholders.
- Are highly proficient in Sketch, Adobe CC, Marvel, Flinto, Framer and/or other design prototyping software
- Are interested in conducting user research and testing, and working with other team members to analyse the findings
- Are trained in human centered design principles and practices
- Please submit your CV and portfolio to be considered for this role.
A new frontier
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.