Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now…. let’s talk about you:
We’re looking for an experienced and innovative person, with knowledge of retail banking that can orchestrate our lending portfolio through the credit lifecycle and execute the lending strategy.
You’ll report to our Deputy Chief Executive Officer.
You’ll need to be looking for new approaches to providing borrowing solutions for customers, with a balance for customer’s expectations, operational proficiency and economic profitability. We don’t know all the answers, so seek someone that can solve problems, think on their feet and work with others to get things done.
The scope of the role will lead the exploration all aspects of driving the strategic direction of the lending portfolio, encompassing end to end design and execution of solutions with a priority of strong customer experience.
Your decisions will be driven by information and insights, enabled by technology and data. This will operate within a decision environment focused on ROI, with a discipline for monitoring and demonstrating expected benefits.
You’ll work and deliver through people within customer experience, brand & marketing, operations, risk, finance and technology with a headspace for acquisition, growth, retention and recoveries. Strong relationship and partnership skills are essential to develop Xinja’s capability and bring the brand proposition to life.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. We are not looking for traditionalists! So you should be comfortable developing yourself and trying to do things in new way in a rapidly evolving business.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rule
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Lead the evolution of the lending strategy and orchestrate its execution
- Work closely with teams across respective functions to deliver the vision for our customers
- Lead the design and build of the customer experience and translate into operational processes
- Place the customer at the centre of everything that you do and provide a way forward to demonstrate how Xinja can become a financial coach for our customers with solutions that help them achieve their goals
- Develop roadmaps and deliver tactical responses within a test and learn experimental environment to challenge how we can help our customers manage their finances better.
- Ensure appropriate processes and tools are in place in order to assess and strengthen Xinja’s risk culture and promote the Code of Conduct and Xinja’s 10 Golden Rules.
You should apply if:
- You’re excited by the prospect of building a new bank and approaching lending solutions from an innovative approach
- You care about people and want to make sure that genuine customers get the best experience possible
- You’re a quick learner and thrive when there’s ambiguity