Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now…let’s talk about you:
We’re looking for a seasoned QA Lead, with experience of testing throughout the full development lifecycle and leading small teams to bring large changes to an organisation. Previous experience with working in a consumer lending program is highly advantageous.
You’ll report to the Enterprise Test Manager and play a role of quality gatekeeper of Xinja Delivery, working within major functional releases to help your team deliver business value frequently and with quality.
You’ll need to be up for a challenge and be able to cope with changing priorities, and tight timelines. You’ll need to bring with you the right mindset and attitude to help your team provide value and deliver good quality software on a continuous basis. But you’ll also need to be able to plan, present and execute testing plans with minimal oversight.
You’ll work with QA Automation Engineers, Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners and Architects to enable delivery of major releases that Xinja can be confident of the quality and meet their regulatory requirements.
We need a crack team of QAs to help us to ensure the highest quality of our products whilst maintaining agility and speed to deliver value continuously as we scale at pace.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. You won’t be micromanaged and you’ll have the flexibility to make the decisions you need to get your work done. Along with the team you work with, you’ll be given autonomy on how you plan and lead test processes as long as it stays within the guidance of the Xinja Software Development Lifecycle. However, you should be comfortable with discussing new tools and processes and challenging the norms of software development to help Xinja continually improve.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules.
- No dickheads… however good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Work leading a squad of QA Engineers in delivering quality assurance outcomes for major functional releases
- Plan, track and report delivery plans for testing to stakeholders across business and technology
- Work with QA engineers, business analysts and product owners in guiding testing decisions across both functional and non-functional testing
- Work with business and technology stakeholders in managing complex defects
- Managing and escalating risks and issues that may impair the delivery of quality
- Support the continual improvements in testing to help move Xinja towards ‘Continuous Testing’
- Support other testing activities as needed
You should apply if you:
- Have an accredited Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Have at least 10 years proven experience in test delivery using a variety of different tools, covering web applications and APIs, with at least 4 years leading small teams
- Are well versed in agile methodologies, including being embedded within cross-functional teams
- Are switched on and understand the business context of what you are testing
- Have experience working within or supporting non-functional testing activities
- Have experience working within the Financial Services industry, particularly retail banking
- Can comfortably work with a variety of stakeholders across business and technology making balanced decisions
- Have a good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Are comfortable working with JSON, XML or GraphQL messages
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience working:
- Previous experience with consumer lending products, such as home loans
- At a startup
- With Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), using Cucumber
- With test automation tools across either mobile or web applications
- Within a DevOps pipeline
- With the Atlassian tools for project management
A new frontier:
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here