Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now…let’s talk about you:
We’re looking for a seasoned QA, with experience of testing throughout the full development lifecycle and enabling teams to move fast and get quick feedback on all changes made.
You’ll report to the Enterprise Test Manager and play a role of quality gatekeeper of Xinja Delivery by both developing test suites and sharing your knowledge to help your team deliver business value frequently and with quality.
You’ll need to be up for a challenge and be able to cope with changing priorities, and tight timelines. You’ll need to bring with you the right mindset and attitude to help your team provide value and deliver good quality software on a continuous basis. But you’ll also need to be able to build, run and report testing plans with minimal oversight.
You’ll work with QA Automation Engineers, Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners and Architects to enable continuous delivery of changes that Xinja can be confident of the quality and push to production in an automated manner.
We need a crack team of QA Engineers to help us to ensure the highest quality of our products whilst maintaining agility and speed to deliver value continuously as we scale at pace.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. You won’t be micromanaged and you’ll have the flexibility to make the decisions you need to get your work done. Along with the team you work with, you’ll be given autonomy on how you design and build the test processes as long as it stays within the guidance of the Xinja Software Development Lifecycle. However, you should be comfortable with discussing new tools and processes and challenging the norms of software development to help Xinja continually improve.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Work within cross-functional teams in delivering quality assurance outcomes for both progressive changes and regression
- Plan, track and report delivery plans for testing
- Work with business analysts and product owners in designing tests through feature files or prescriptive manual scripts
- Work with developers in analyzing the results of tests, including technical triage
- Support the continual improvements in testing to help move Xinja towards ‘Continuous Testing’
- Support other testing activities as needed
You should apply if you:
- Have an accredited Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Have at least 5 years proven experience in test delivery using a variety of different tools, covering web applications and APIs
- Are familiar with reading and writing Feature Files in Gherkin
- Are well versed in agile methodologies, including being embedded within cross-functional teams
- Can work with a variety of stakeholders across business and technology
- Understand architecture and development to support technical triage activities
- Are comfortable working with JSON, XML or GraphQL messages
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience working:
- At a startup
- With Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), using Cucumber
- With test automation tools across either mobile or web applications
- Within a DevOps pipeline
- With the Atlassian tools for project management
- As a QA working in a regulated industry such as Financial Services
Changing banking for good:
At Xinja, we believe in embedding the brand in every customer experience, and therefore marketing is core to what we do. Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we.
We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here