To build a bank with our customers, designed in their interests, that helps them make better money decisions without the angst. All delivered through a brilliant mobile experience.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
We need a cracking Personal Lender to help us to run consumer lending at Xinja. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, detail focussed and an experienced Lender who will help build our Personal Lending and function as our business scales. You’ll report directly to the Head of Lending Performance and play a role in delivering exceptional service to our customers.
You will love the challenge of helping us set up our lending products from scratch. You will love technology and the opportunity that it provides to deliver fantastic outcomes for customers.
You’ll work with our Product and Customer Service teams, as well as interacting with our Fraud and Banking Operations teams and make sure that we are lending money safely and providing exceptional service. The sky’s the limit, you will have a big opportunity to disrupt the market with world leading technology.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. You will be empowered to make a difference and be challenged every day. So you should be comfortable with ambiguity and taking ownership.
Planning and execution are at the core of Xinja, so we are looking for someone who is able to start running from day one. You need to be:
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done;
- Able to deal with ambiguity and change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Open-minded and willing to learn;
- A key contributor to the Xinja team.
Role specific responsibilities
- Review and verify loan applications and supporting documentation;
- Structure loans to fit customers needs;
- Package up loan applications for credit assessment;
- Deliver a high quality of service and support for our customers;
- Have an understanding of our risk appetite and adherence to our obligations;
- Help improve our processes through technology;
- Manage Service Level Agreements (SLAs) effectively;
- Be an active contributor to the successful performance and achievement of outcomes for the team;
- Monitor risks in your role, escalate and report incidents and breaches to your line manager and the Risk & Compliance team, where relevant;,
- In the event of a stress event, execute operational procedures as directed within the agreed timeframes.
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will:
- Be RG 146 Tier 2 qualified;
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in Lending;
- Have a customer-centric mindset and will act with customers’ interests and experience at the centre of their work;
- Love working in Lending and have had experience in a similar role in another ADI or lending organisation;
- Have excellent analytic data skills and keen to get into the detail;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work in a small company environment and have the ability to build strong working relationships with peers from different functional disciplines;
- Identify gaps, examine opportunities, and model improvements against speed, cost, and acceptance;
- Have knowledge of Xinja’s business products and Xinja’s value proposition.It’s a bonus (but not required) if you have:
- Experience at a startup;
- Experience in a customer-facing role;
- Experience in project management;
- A Bachelor or Postgraduate Degree in a related field.
You will also:
- Have an interest in banking, finance and fintech;
- Be excited to build a new bank designed for customers;
- Be passionate, have drive and be willing to roll your sleeves up;
- Be a quick learner and self-starter, and can thrive in ambiguity;
- Be a great problem-solver and prepared to go the extra mile (this is a start-up!)