Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now…. let’s talk about you:
We’re looking for a rock star Head of Talent Acquisition to help us build an incredible company of experienced professionals with the perfect Xinja cultural fit as we continue to scale at a pace. You will have experience in finding high performing people with exceptional skills and experience. We value intelligence and passion. We never, ever settle with who we hire.
You’ll report to the Chief People & Performance Officer and manage the end to end talent acquisition process across all levels of our business. You will be the guardian of our open roles list, own the budget for new staff, headhunt amazing people, set and negotiate salaries, ensure compliance with contracts and background checks, and manage the smooth handover to the onboarding team. Most importantly you will be accountable for maintaining the integrity of our very rigorous hiring process.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja.We have thorough psychometric testing protocols. Everybody takes them, and if they don’t pass they go no further in the process. We never settle with a sub par candidate because of time pressure. We are a stickler for making sure we hire the best people every time. We also insist that our business is diverse, especially along gender lines. We know that interviews are a poor judge of people’s performance. We love data, simulations and assessment centres.
So you should be comfortable with saying no to candidates, taking the time to find the right person, and rejecting people that other organisations would normally take. We like to hire slowly and then hang onto people forever if they turn out to be awesome. You should know the 10 golden rules very well, and consider yourself a key person in making sure they are lived and breathed at Xinja.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rule
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- The source of truth for approved roles that are being hired.
- Ensuring that any new roles for hiring are approved by the CEO and CFO.
- Developing best practice recruitment and selection processes.
- Working with execs in the business to develop role descriptions.
- Managing and executing Xinja’s psychometric testing program.
- Ensuring Xinja is paying the appropriate salaries for the roles it is hiring. Using and understanding salary surveys.
- Building talent pipelines for current and future job openings.
- Managing our external partnerships with colleges, job boards and People software vendors.
- Identifying and headhunting prospective candidates using a variety of channels.
- Conducting screening interviews and riding shotgun in technical and manager interviews.
- Managing our end to end background check process.
- Presenting shortlisted candidates and well-thought through advice on preferred candidates.
- Maintaining the Recruitment tracking tools.
- Maintaining Fit & Proper tracking tools.
- Updating personnel files as required.
- Promoting Xinja’s 10 Golden Rules.
You should apply if:
- 5 years’ experience in recruiting or similar People roles.
- Excellent understanding of recruitment processes.
- Proficiency in using applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Understanding Recruitment Marketing software is a plus.
- Good knowledge of candidates selection methods.
- Good understanding of employer branding strategies.
- 5 years’ experience with candidate sourcing tools and methods.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Degree qualified.
- You’re excited by the prospect of building a new bank.
- You’re a quick learner and thrive when there’s ambiguity.
- Are comfortable being measured on the performance of your candidates 3-6 months into the role. Their success is a sign of yours.
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience working:
- At a start-up.
A new frontier:
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here