Xinja is building one of Australia’s first 100% digital banks designed entirely for mobile. We are
building a bank with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Developing one of the first neobanks in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart :-). No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Now…let’s talk about you:
As Head of Internal Audit you will support Xinja’s Board and Executives to better understand the effectiveness of the processes and controls within the business by bringing an independent perspective to Xinja’s operations.
You will have excellent stakeholder skills, be able to develop trusted advisor relationships with key committees and individuals including the Board Audit Committee, the Executive Committee, senior managers, external parties and others.
You will identify areas of improvement across the business and work with functional owners to drive further rigour whilst cutting through complexity and maintaining independence.
To be successful in this role you must have a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, a problem solving mindset as well as a delivery focused attitude.
We are looking for people who can start running from day one, own the role and be a key contributor to the Xinja team.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Design and deliver a comprehensive audit plan and other activities as required
- Consistently deliver high quality audits and accompanying reporting to drive impactful change
- Provide recommendations that improve controls and business processes
- Provide an independent perspective coupled with objective and impartial advice
- Implement effective audit tools and techniques using analytical and other tools to improve audit quality and manage audit costs
- Identify emerging risks and issues and raise with relevant stakeholders
- Comply with policies, processes and risk management activities
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the financial and risk management framework
- Operate with a continuous improvement mindset to create value
- Lead change and proactively drive new ideas
- Provide technical accuracy and integrity
- Design and implement tests for internal control effectiveness assessments
- Select and apply appropriate audit methods in accordance with methodology to ensure audit services are fit-for-purpose and of high quality.
You should apply if:
- Degree educated
- Proven track record working in managing an effective Internal Audit function
- Comprehensive experience in using modern technologies and methodologies to undertake audit work
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment
- Strong understanding of risk and compliance
- Strong technical capabilities and training
- Ability to bring banking industry knowledge to the design and delivery of internal audit activity
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to work well under pressure.
A new frontier:
- At Xinja, we believe in embedding the brand in every customer experience, and therefore marketing is core to what we do. Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we.
- We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
- We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff and trust them with significant responsibility but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here