Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now…let’s talk about you:
We’re looking for a passionate technologist with cutting edge skills to work with a team of similarly skilled engineers to deliver modern, innovative software solutions.
You’ll report to the Head of Application Development and play a role of full stack software engineer responsible for contributing to the success of the team’s software delivery through careful and considered execution, and consultation with other software engineers and stakeholders.
You’ll need to be a creative thinker, who is able to think outside the box, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
You’ll work with other software engineers, business analysts, QAs and stakeholders from the business to deliver world class software for the Xinja Banking Platform.
We need a crack team of software engineers to help us to build out the Xinja Banking Platform as we continue to scale at pace.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. You won’t be micromanaged and will have the flexibility to choose the tools you need to get your work done. Along with the team you work in, you’ll be given autonomy on how you build software as long as it stays within the guidance of the Xinja Software Development Lifecycle. So you should be comfortable with pushing new tools and processes and challenging the norms of software development.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Setup and manage transaction monitoring, including creating and refining rules
- Develop software from desired requirements with approved designs to the relevant standards set by company policy and expectations.
- Be part of the design and development of software components
- Conduct thorough unit, system and integration testing of software to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Perform application support and problem resolution when required to support the production systems.
- Take part in the continuous evolution and improvement of the software development team processes and practices.
You should apply if you:
- Are a polyglot full stack programmer with at least 5 years Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages including React.js and Java or Kotlin
- Be proficient with React and web development but also be a strong server-side developer
- Are willing to learn new skills
- Are constantly updating your knowledge, engaging with the wider community (e.g. conferences/MeetUps), and continuously learning.
- Are passionate about eXtreme Programming (XP) practises such as Test-Driven Development (TDD), Pair-Programming and Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Have a strong understanding and experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) application architectures.
- Have a solid understanding and experience in RESTful web services and event driven architecture.
- Have proven experience working within the full software development life-cycle utilising the latest technologies
- Have a deep understanding of agile software delivery, the DevOps path to production and other operational aspects.
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience working:
- With Kafka and Kubernetes
- With mobile applications, either native iOS and Android, Ionic or ReactNative.
- With AWS along with relevant certification(s)
- In an environment where security is paramount
- Actively with the open source community
A new frontier:
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have a inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here