Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now…let’s talk about you:
We need a cracking community and content manager to help us engage customers and potential customers and drive customer advocacy to help us grow rapidly. We’re looking for someone special from a good content/socials/community background to work in the marketing team, with at least 3 years experience (agency or client side). You’ll report directly to the Customer Experience Director and play a key role in nurturing and building our brand community and developing brand content to engage that community.
That community is not just our customers but also our staff, so you’d be involved in developing content, events and the overall employee experience. We believe that good CX starts with good EX and they are our most important advocates.
You’ll need to be very familiar with community management across social channels (Facebook, Instagram, linked in, twitter) including familiarity with Facebook business manager and basic Facebook advertising, as well as basic social analytics. You’ll also need to be proficient in cutting graphics – with a good aesthetic eye – and also happy shooting and editing video (you’ll be used to using tools like Adobe Photoshop and premiere) and comfortable writing blogs.
You’ll work closely with the team to contribute to and deliver against the content strategy and community engagement targets. You’ll also work with the design, marketing and customer support (Xinjarati) team on customer events as these are an important part of our community building.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. Our marketing strategy is focused on our customer experience (product) being our main message and our customers being our key acquisition channel, so a community role is central to our growth. We don’t tend to use big agencies but have a very agile approach to marketing and comms, where we ideate as we go – based on the audiences, strategy, brand and content pillars – and execute (often internally) quickly. So you should be comfortable getting involved in any part of the creative/comms process, coming up with an idea in the morning and executing it by tea time!
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Monitor all our social channels including our community forum
- Respond to all commentary/interaction – closely following our social media guidelines and community management playbook
- Post 5-8 times a week on social channels
- Publish content to website, social and content channels
- Shoot & edit video & photography, create graphical assets & write articles & blogs
- Work with Xinjarati (customer support team) and the broader team for community forum engagement
- Execute influencer outreach via twitter & other channels online – in line with strategy and manage ambassador content channels
- Help organise events & run with the Marketing Manager, design team & the Xinjarati or other staff.
You should apply if:
- You’re excited by the idea of building a new bank designed in its customers’ interests
- You’re interested in how technology can transform customer experience
- You’re not fazed by the level of rigour needed around risk and compliance because we are a bank (this can be frustrating for a marketer)
- You enjoy community management and creating content
- You’re results driven – interested in achieving targets and monitoring how effective your communications are being
- You’ve got good attention to detail
- You’re a quick learner & a self-starter who enjoys working with a team
- You’re prepared to go the extra mile (this is a start-up!)
It’s a bonus but not required if you have:
- An interest in new economy companies, fintech and related trends like blockchain or AI
- Experience in a startup
A new frontier:
- At Xinja, we believe in embedding the brand in every customer experience, and therefore marketing is core to what we do. Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we.
- We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
- We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here