To build a bank with our customers, designed in their interests, that helps them make better money decisions without the angst. All delivered through a brilliant mobile experience.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
As a cracking Application Support Analyst, you are responsible for this critical role within the IT operations space as it revolves around supporting all the business critical applications that Xinja has built and the integrated SaaS applications.
Xinja is a start-up, you’ll need to have a hands-on approach and be willing to work in a variety of disciplines across the business.
The Application Support Analyst reports into the Head of IT Ops. To be successful in this role you must have excellent stakeholder management & communication skills, a problem-solving mindset as well as a customer focused attitude. We are looking for people who can start running from day one, own the role and be a key contributor to the team.
- Providing support to business-critical applications. We’re looking for someone who will take real ownership of any issues / and improvement.
- Manage vendor relationships from an IT Operations perspective.
- Triaging and investigating issues raised by the Xinjarati (our customer support team) and business users to determine their priority and criticality.
- Escalate issues to vendors and internal engineering teams.
- Change management for minor enhancements to existing business applications.
- Coordinating critical IT operations activities such as disaster recovery testing and infrastructure migrations.
- Ensure smooth handover of project information from delivery teams to IT Operations.
- Documenting and maintaining IT Operations procedures.
- Rostered On call Support.
- Monitoring risks in your role, and reporting/escalating incidents and breaches to the Risk &
- Compliance team, the CEO and the Board as applicable.
- In the event of a stress event, execute operational procedures as directed within the agreed timeframes.
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience investigating issues in a real-time or event driven microservice environment.
- Experience supporting business critical-applications in a stock trading or payments industry.
- Excellent vendor management and stakeholder engagement.
- Exposure to working in ITIL based environments when it comes to incident management and other ITSM processes.
- Exposure to Monitoring and Logging tools like Kibana, Elasticsearch, New Relic and AWS CloudWatch.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks autonomously.
- Core Banking/Finance/GL experience highly regarded.
- 5+ years prior experience in a corporate environment.
- Strong logical problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
You will also:
- Have an interest in banking, finance and fintech
- Have a customer centric mindset and will act with their interests at the centre of your work
- Be excited to build a new bank designed for customers
- Be passionate, have drive and be willing to roll your sleeves up
- Be a quick learner and self-starter, and can thrive in ambiguity
- Be a great problem-solver and prepared to go the extra mile (this is a start-up!)