These terms and conditions are effective September 2019
Who provides Apple Pay?
Apple provides Apple Pay, not Xinja (“we” or “us”). Before using Apple Pay, you must accept Apple’s Terms and Conditions as well as these Terms and Conditions.
Which cards work with Apple Pay? 💳
Your Xinja Debit Mastercard® is the only card that may be used with Apple Pay at the moment.
How do I add my card to Apple Pay?
You can add your Xinja Debit Mastercard to Apple Pay from the Xinja App or Apple Wallet. Go to the ‘Cards’ section in the App or open the Apple Wallet to add your card. Your card can be added if :
- Your Xinja Bank Account doesn’t have a negative balance and isn’t closed or blocked
- Your Debit Mastercard is active and isn’t blocked or cancelled
- You have an eligible Apple Device
If you add a card to Apple Pay, you agree that:
- Apple may share your information with us so we can provide you with our services
- we may share your information with Apple to enable them to provide their services
If you don’t want your personal information to be shared with Apple, you should not link your Debit Mastercard to Apple Pay.
How do I remove my card from Apple Pay?
Follow the prompts in the ‘card section’ of the Xinja App or in the Apple Wallet to remove your Debit Mastercard from Apple Pay. You can also unlink your card by calling our customer support team, the Xinjarati, on 1800 946527 or +61 2 8698 8525 from overseas..
How can I use my card via Apple Pay?
Once you have added your Debit Debit Mastercard to Apple Pay, you can use your Apple Device to purchase goods and services at any Contactless Terminal that accepts Xinja Debit Mastercard. You can also make online purchases using Apple Pay from your Apple Device .
Sometimes you may be required to enter your Apple Device Passcode and/or card PIN at a Contactless Terminal when making a purchase using Apple Pay.
Apple Pay may not work if your Apple Device doesn’t have access to the internet.
When might Xinja suspend or terminate my ability to use my card via Apple Pay? 🙅
Xinja may suspend or cancel your use of your Debit Mastercard via Apple Pay if:
- your Debit Mastercard is suspended or cancelled
- you are in breach of these T&Cs or the Xinja Account T&Cs
- we suspect that an Unauthorised Transaction has occurred in relation to your Debit Mastercard;
- we are required to do so under an applicable law or are directed to do so by Apple
- for any other reason (acting reasonably)
We will give you notice if we suspend or cancel your use of Apple Pay in accordance with the Xinja Account T&Cs.
What are my obligations regarding the security of my Apple Device? 🔒
By loading details of your Debit Mastercard to Apple Pay, you understand that any person with access to your Apple Device may be able to authorise a payment via Apple Pay.
So you must:
- keep your Apple Device secure in the same way that you are required to keep your Debit Mastercard secure eg. you must keep your Apple Device password secret and ensure that no one else has access to it
- not give access to your Apple Device to anyone else and not allow anyone else to load their biometric details onto your Apple Device
- not authorise anyone else to use your Apple Device to make an Apple Pay payment.
If you breach any of the above, we will assume that you have authorised the other person to use your Debit Mastercard and you will be liable for all transactions made by that person.
You could incur significant loss or liability for transactions completed by other persons in these cases.
Apple means Apple Pty Limited ABN 46 002 510 054 and its related bodies corporate.
Apple Device means a ‘compatible mobile device’ manufactured by Apple including iPhones, iPads or Apple Watches (models include iPhone SE and iPhone 6 or later).
Apple Device Passcode means the passcode used to access your Apple Device and includes any biometrics you have set up on your Apple Device.
Apple Pay (or Apple Wallet) means the mobile payment and digital wallet service provided by Apple which enables you to make a transaction using a Debit Mastercard registered on your Apple Device.
Contactless Terminal means any electronic terminal which can be used to make a Contactless Transaction.
Contactless Transaction (or Contactless Payment) means a transaction made by holding an Apple Device in front of a Contactless Terminal.
PIN means a personal identification number which is a four digit code used to make transactions on your Debit Debit Mastercard
Terms and Conditions (or T&Cs) means these terms and conditions which govern your use of your Debit Mastercard via Apple Pay.
Xinja (or we or us) means Xinja Bank Limited ACN 618 937 054 AFSL 501764 and its related bodies corporate
Xinja Account Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions which govern your use of your Xinja Bank Account.
Xinja App (or App) means the mobile app used to access your Xinja Bank Account
Xinja Bank Account (or Bank Account) means a transactional bank account offered by Xinja.
Xinja Debit Mastercard (or Debit Mastercard) means the card issued by Xinja which is linked to your Xinja Bank Account
Xinjarati means our customer support team
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.